The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltltit-seems-that-or-has-been-the-insulation-27804355.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Tax on Retirees proposed Date:  7/11/2009  2:17 AM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  15247 of 19380

<<It seems that OR has been the insulation that has kept WA from turning into CA. As we gradually turn into CA (tax hikes, policies to drive up the cost of energy, etc.), your southern flank will be exposed.

--fleg
>>

Unfortunately, I consider Washington State to already be properly categorized as Northern California.

I'm afraid Oregon isn't enough of a buffer. Alaska seems to have sufficient separation with Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and the Yukon as buffers.

Washington and Oregon are energy colonies for California. Whenever California's nutty politicians have power outages, they just come and grab electric power from pretty much all the western states, and then refuse to pay what they promised for power.

The Mexican "Reconquista" of California seems more attractive as the years go by. I'm getting impatient for California to be annexed back into Mexico.

I noticed that Obama is limiting authority of police departments to enforce Federal immigration law. That should help speed up the process once again. Those Bush immigration enforcement efforts were actually slowing down illegal immigration for a while.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us