The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/roth-selections-27844978.aspx

Subject:  Roth selections Date:  7/28/2009  8:19 PM
Author:  ltangel Number:  65972 of 75383

Hey -thank you on all boards for your great input - any comments on this list for Roth dividend stock selections? My goal is solid dividend payers
here goes;
WFM Whole Foods ( hope that will go back to paying a dividend)
TEG Integrys
FTR Frontier
VOD Vodophone
ATO Atmos
Se Spectra
CTL Century Telephone
Duk Duke Energy
ATR Water company
Ed Con Edison
and NU and BKRclass b for growth
I am looking for an overall return between 7 and 8% andwould like to add 2 more stocks but am uncertain which ones to choose -I have centered round utilities for safety) - also have some VZ outside of this account.
retirement looks like about 3- 5 years away - reshaping so that 35% of portfolio will be is in U.S.Treasury money market, 35% in cash - cd and money market and savings -5% in short- and intermediate bond fund - to be 10% when i figure out the corporate bond part of the porfoilio-
this will be accomplished when my annuity )HOPEFULLY goes back to where it should be) -it is currently 50% Contrafund and S and P when i cantake outthatmoney iplanto put that into the 35% mix which is my goal for the treasury andcd part - now my thinking that this gives me security (as best It can do) as well as growth
VALUE your opinions any commets here?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us