The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Everyday Ethics

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/can-we-let-this-thread-and-discussion-end-it-is-27859731.aspx

Subject:  Re: A FINISHING THING Date:  8/4/2009  10:53 AM
Author:  Rael137 Number:  3753 of 5021

Can we let this thread and discussion end?

It is doubtful that there will be a change of opinion by any of the main parties.

How many of us would want our personal decisions and life choices examined by a bunch of anonymous strangers on a public board and thrown up for judgement? There are many decisions I have made that in retrospect I slap my forehead and say "what the heck was I thinking?!" There are others that I still believe were the best ones for me to make but I doubt I can explain such that someone else could understand. Is there anyone here who is so perfect they can't say the same?

How many of us hold some slightly (or not-so-slightly) hypocritical positions in our lives that are somehow rationalized to help us get thru the night? Probably a high percentage, unless there's some self-delusion going on too.

I suggest sasha stop responding -- it is unlikely that you will change some parties' opinions.

I suggest others stop going on with this unless you absolutely have to get in the last word. If you do have to get in the last word, then do so and let it rest.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us