The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-software-displayed-at-the-site-seems-very-27910168.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should I file this? Date:  8/24/2009  3:46 PM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  106847 of 121219

The software displayed at the site seems very similar to the Investor's Toolbox (or something like that) which was recently being pushed by BusinessWeek. It was basically daytrading software with a big subscription fee, hundreds for six months. That's after a seminar that cost thousands. Buyer beware.

Certainly the buyer should beware, but you obviously haven't been hanging around this board very long or you would know that I wouldn't be flogging anything that wasn't on the up and up.

The software is definitely NOT Investor's Toolbox and is not daytrading software. We (InvestEd) don't push software at the conference, we provide education. We are a 501(c)3 charitable organization. As part of our educational sessions, we do provide a the opportunity for certain software suppliers who meet our standards to demonstrate their software (and sell it if people want to buy it), but the software that we allow to be shown is compatible with long-term fundamental investing, not daytrading. Details of Investor's Toolkit (note, NOT Toolbox) produced by ICLUBCentral, a part of BetterInvesting (a 501(c)3 organization) can be found at www.iclub.com. Similar software can be found at Churr Software, www.churr.com. Portfolio management software is produced by QuantIX, www.quantix,com. And investment club accounting software by ICLUB and bivio (www.bivio.com). All of these software programs are also endorsed by BetterInvesting, another 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to investor education. If you need further convincing that we are above-board, you should know that FINRA is one of our sponsors. (Well, nowadays, maybe that isn't so reassuring.)

Let me suggest that anyone with any questions take a look at www.investor-education2009.org which will give you all of the details about our recently held conference in Salt Lake City.

Ira
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us