The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Canadian Investing / Canada - RRSP Strat / Taxation


Subject:  Re: Help - A Canuck living in the US Date:  9/1/2009  12:44 PM
Author:  Spiffy99 Number:  1170 of 1193

Question : Can I transfer my RRSPs to another institution that has more investment options? If so, which one(s)?

I am not sure. My recollection is that I had to set everything up before I left Canada because I could make no changes once I was a US resident. I used TD because they had cheap index funds and would be around for years.

Call TD and ask them if its possible to transfer an RSP to them even though you are a US resident.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us