The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/why-dosent-she-feel-more-duty-bound-ie-here-27972169.aspx

Subject:  Re: 0 % BOA Date:  9/18/2009  11:15 AM
Author:  llambe Number:  291565 of 308881

Why dosen't she feel more 'duty-bound'? IE, 'here is my hard working husband. I will keep the house nice NOT only for HIM but also ROLE-modeling for my daughters how to do it. I will also make a meal every now and then since he goes to work daily and puts a roof over our head, food in our bellies, etc..." I don't get that part. I figured it was part of the 'deal'. Silly me.

I haven't read further yet but I just had to reply to this part. I've been the SAHM - and the clean house (when DH got home and could actually SEE it being clean) and the good dinner on the table, were NOT as easy as I thought they would be BEFORE I stayed at home. In fact, they were very hard, and didn't happen a lot of times (and thank goodness my DH didn't have your attitude, although I can also see it is an easy attitude to fall into).

LL
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us