The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Investment Clubs

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/withdrawals-quit-or-die-27982365.aspx

Subject:  withdrawals-quit or die?? Date:  9/23/2009  2:36 AM
Author:  jojomeep Number:  7240 of 7258

Hi there,
My investment club has been searching for a new way to think about withdrawals. Currently, our partnership agreement only allows money to be taken out of the club if a member quits completely or dies. Now that we're 6 years old, we're not happy with this anymore. Some of us are lobbying for regular distributions - say annually - and others want to keep the money in the club and keep building up the account. We've decided that we need some hybrid solution that allows a member to request a withdrawal if they decide that's the right thing for them. Obviously, there would need to be rules about how that might be done - like how often, what % of the member's funds, how tax consequenses might be handled and I'm sure there are many other considerations. Does anyone have a template that might address this situation? Has your club solved this issue? Has any club tried something and ended up with bad or good unintended consequences? In reading lots of the previous posts, I saw references to sample agreements. Is there a central place where I might find these? All suggustions appreciated.

Jo
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us