The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/also-in-regards-to-staying-in-school-what-i-think-28016048.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Life and Times of HavaTheFool Date:  10/8/2009  12:11 PM
Author:  llambe Number:  292192 of 308854

Also in regards to staying in school, what I think you need to do is look at your salary honestly and decide if you could afford to live on this salary WITHOUT HUNTER. If you were out on your own, can you afford to keep your current job and live? including paying rent after the house sells? Then if your current salary won't support you, look at whether you could find another job that pays more or a second job or figure out if it's worth quitting school. But if you can afford your life as is, stay in school REGARDLESS of Hunter's debts/needs for more money.

On those lines I would definitely start paying Hunter a reasonable rent once the house sells (reasonable = what you would be paying if you were out on your own or 1/2 of actual costs whichever is LESS, IMO). Personally I can see not paying rent until your house sells because technically you could be living in that house - but if you feel you MUST help Hunter financially this is the one way I could see doing so now (and I know some would say you should even be doing so regardless of having the other house) although it sounds like you can't really afford that.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us