The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sp-quotoh-my-poking-the-wasps-nest-today-28059199.aspx

Subject:  Re: Oopss....error...error Date:  10/27/2009  8:17 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  21447 of 58869

SP: "Oh, my. Poking the wasp's nest today, are we Tele? I guess we're going to find out if intercst is keeping up[ with the board or is off to Tibuktoo or wherever."

He's probably trying to hide the dog.

Owning a dog requires a carbon footprint bigger than driving an SUV 7000 miles a year.......

So, under cap and trade, the first place to look for massive reductions in CO2 is to get the equivalent of 10 million SUVs (clunkers) off the road. We'll put a $100/yr carbon tax on each dog weighing more than 25 lbs, a 300/yr carbon tax on 50 lb and above dogs. Under 25 lbs will probably take about $50/yr to compensate.

That doesn't include hauling your dog to the vet a few times a year....or to the pet groomer....more miles.....

We'll get those nasty carbon dioxide spewing polluters, one by one....the ones ruining the planet with noxious pollution (CO2).

After all, CNN found that more than 50% support 'reducing pollution' through cap and trade as long as the cost is laid on industry and big polluters.......for the most part,while minimizing the impact on consumers.....

Well, we can start with the dogs.....

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us