The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/jasoncampbell-wrote-again-you-are-making-things-28090082.aspx

Subject:  Re: Add Wife to Accounts? Date:  11/10/2009  2:31 PM
Author:  llambe Number:  293331 of 308791

jasoncampbell wrote:
Again, you are making things up and even being a bit hypocritical with this one as it appears that you are the one not respecting Eric's opinion on the tropic and pushing your own on him.

My "fairness" gene needs me to point out that Windowseat is merely mis-attributing things and not "making things up"

Ed1007 wrote:
We have talked about it and both agree that the other opening a sole account would be viewed as a lack of faith in the relationship. But that is just us. Others have, and should have, different views and opinions.
(bold added)

Additionally VTAlumni (Go Hokies!) also said at one point:

We discussed the separate account thing one night and decided it just didn't make sense unless one of us became unreliable in our spending.

(bold added)

So it appears to me that Windowseat confused Ed1007 with VTAlumni, and if you combine the "unreliable" comment with the "lack of faith" comment, her opinion is understandable although mistaken rather than hypocritical (IMO of course).

LL
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us