The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks J / JetBlue Airways

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/virgin-is-also-expanding-to-chicago-ohare-in-2010-28115530.aspx

Subject:  Re: JetBlue Begins New Nonstop Service Date:  11/21/2009  11:22 AM
Author:  Nuke68 Number:  916 of 919

Virgin is also expanding to Chicago O'Hare in 2010 and another city (not yet mentioned but where "you can't see the ocean") that will probably be mid to long haul flying. With JBLU they are competing against a good airline on long haul flying with Virgin America and on the East Coast and Carribean with Air Tran. I'm not saying the JetBlue can't compete with these carriers but that there is an uphill struggle with deep pockets behind Virgin America and lower costs with Air Tran. JBLU may be a buy-out candidate but I'm not sure what value they could add to another airline's network.

If customer experience is declining (as per post from sheil727) this could hamper their growth and future profitability. I haven't flown them yet as the places I fly from Dallas JetBlue doesn't operate or there are easier ways to get there.

Disclaimer: Author owns shares of Southwest Airlines
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us