The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-a-former-ebay-power-seller-ive-used-a-lot-of-28178823.aspx

Subject:  Re: UPS screwing customers at Christmas Date:  12/21/2009  9:52 PM
Author:  SuaSponteMark Number:  22309 of 63238

I'm a former Ebay power seller. I've used a lot of UPS and USPS. There are advantages and disadvantages to each. UPS stores are LIGHTNING QUICK. The post office is slow and plodding to the point where if they didn't have the automated kiosk out front, where I can mail a package every 90 seconds (I've timed it and memorize the touch sequence on the touch screen) I wouldn't go there. UPS has much better assured delivery and tracking. The post office will ship you materials for free though their track record for completion is not good.

They're not screwing customers. Everyone has a choice. You don't get screwed when you have a choice. If they screwed customers over so badly then why, in the other direction, do so many businesses choose them? Is it because they enjoy seeing their bottom line hit, or is it because they provide a good, competitive alternative?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us