The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / A Place for TA Talk

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-tim-i-would-appreciate-your-expertise-i-have-28233873.aspx

Subject:  Re: StockCharts Blogs .... Date:  1/16/2010  4:13 AM
Author:  courteousTim Number:  2220 of 2237

Hi Tim,
I would appreciate your expertise. I have been checking out stockcharts.com for quite a while and feel that while extremely happy with my subscriptions, I am looking for some type of assistance with directional movement in both stocks and market direction. Nothing is perfect but I am intrigued by technical analysis as an addition to what I have. Please give your opinion on this service and if you have found it helpful. What is the best subscription to get started with? I really appreciate you help.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Hi Dave,

You really can't go wrong with StockCharts.com ... I've been very happy with them. You can do quite a bit with them and they have a lot of charting options available. It's easy to post their charts on the message boards and most of the people on the trading boards use StockCharts. There's other charting services available but I think they tend to be more expensive.

FinViz.com has good (free) charts too but you can't do as must customization of the charts (last time I checked).

If you're interested in trading it's best to learn about trading ... think ... how do you manage your bets at the blackjack table.

If you just want to analyze the charts using TA ... you can have a lot of fun with StockCharts at a reasonable price.

Tim
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us