The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / AirTran Holdings

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/nuke68-thanks-for-the-information-about-28262951.aspx

Subject:  Re: strong results Date:  1/28/2010  8:58 AM
Author:  dockofthebay Number:  463 of 470

Nuke68,

Thanks for the information about competitors. I know little about Allegiant, other than that they don't fly daily on many routes. Of course, too many airlines competing on the same routes is just one of the many constant concerns associated with owning shares of airlines.

AirTran management (I think it was Bob Fornaro) said that the day of double digit growth for airlines is over for now. So, I am not dreaming of earnings for 2010 of more than about .70 or so per share. This excludes any gains or losses from hedging. Still, if they can earn .70 or a bit better and bring down their debt level some more, I think that the stock could be in the 7's. That said, it won't be quick or easy.

I do own shares already and I plan to gut it out for at least another year unless some major change occurs which would change the outlook to a severely negative one.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us