The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / The Wedding Chapel

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/here-is-what-i-am-thinking-if-i-am-too-late-in-28280569.aspx

Subject:  Re: To Wed, Flee, or Flounder? Date:  2/3/2010  11:29 PM
Author:  PaintItBlue Number:  1960 of 1960

here is what I am thinking. if I am too late in saying this, I'm sorry, just hit "next".

if you love her and want to have her in your life for always, tell her so, tell her why.

If you are considering marriage, maybe you could get counseling first? Perhaps when it comes to the money stuff she would be more inclined to listen to someone else, who is maybe more of an expert.

Does she come from a much less well off/lower class background than you do? Maybe she is ashamed of her situation? It sounds like it is difficult.

BTW people can change, if they want to and if they have some idea how to. This was a different situation, but my mother tells me that when she and my dad first got together, she was kind of spoiled & into spending money on clothes & stuff. My dad was not, having grown up in a family where his dad's business got wiped out in the Depression. And I get the really strong impression that it was Mom who adapted, and became much more practical minded. 59 years later, they are still together.

You might wind up learning & changing too. I wish you both the best, whatever you decide to do.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us