The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retirement

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-also-heard-bad-things-about-full-service-28301493.aspx

Subject:  Re: Edward Jones Advisory Solutions Date:  2/11/2010  10:10 PM
Author:  barryt28078 Number:  243 of 294

I have also heard bad things about full service brokerages, most of them here on Motley Fool. My original plan was just to roll everything into a Fidelity Brokerage IRA. I already have a tradtional IRA at Fidelity and they are also the "holders" of the 401K in question.

The reason I haven't proceeded with that plan is that I had no idea of how to handle the after tax portion of the 401K.

The concept of Roth Conversion was introduced and I was going down that route for a while but the more I read about Roths, the less I could see that they would benefit me.

Now I am back to square one, not too sure about "Advisory Solutions", not too sure that I would do better picking my own funds in a brokerage IRA.

I was hoping someone on here had a very strong opinion of "Advisory Solutions", good or bad. Failing that, I was hoping for strong opinions on Edward Jones, good or bad.

If you search the Internet for Advisory Solutions, most of what you find is brokers talking to other brokers. The Edward Jones brokers seem to think that it is a good product, the other brokers accuse them of drinking the "kool-aid".
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us