The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks Y / Yamana Gold

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthanks-ken-seems-like-a-lot-of-companies-28301539.aspx

Subject:  Re: Buy Date:  2/11/2010  10:46 PM
Author:  Matt1344 Number:  646 of 649

"Thanks, Ken. Seems like a lot of companies to watch."

Quite welcome ;-) I guess my jobs are, Bible Study with 5 days homework each week, getting the old body to the gym, line dancing and a lot of computer time.

I subscribe to Silver-Investor newsletter and get emails from the Gold Report as well as email alerts from many of the companies I hold. That kinda keeps me aware of developments as well as other folks views on the companies.

Certainly no guarantees and I'm no genius. Some companies come to light because a CEO may actually run several small operations. If he's doing well with one then that may lead me to invest in another one. I bought several because Rob McEwen was a large share holder, he kinda revolutionized how the mining business could be done and turned GoldCorp into a multi-billion dollar company. That was before my time but I figured I'd tag along on at least some of what he did. Some of his choices may have done well for him but that doesn't always hold when buying at later time points.

My choices probably make most Hidden Gems picks look "conservative" ;^)

All the best in your investments,

Ken
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us