The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Family Life / Homeschooling

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gthow-good-is-this-group-my-daughter-is-28302520.aspx

Subject:  Re: FYI Date:  2/12/2010  11:45 AM
Author:  Esconopeles Number:  5098 of 5113

>How good is this group? My daughter is interested in marine biology and might be interested in one of the summer camps.<

I have not had any direct experience with this group, but I can offer a couple of observations. First, the announcement came to me through the National Marine Educators Association, a group I trust implicitly. I looked over the schedule of activities, and I don't see how one could go wrong. This looks like an exciting opportunity to me, but of course one student's excitement is another student's "borrrrr-ing!". As a middle school teacher, I know of what I speak.

Bottom line: If your daughter is interested in marine topics, biological or others, I don't think you can go wrong with a camp of this duration at the cost advertised. I would start by contacting the group and asking if they have a list of prior participants who could fill you in on particulars. Given the number of universities involved, I am sure the science will be good.

I like the look of some of the other course offerings. If I lived in that part of the world I would be all over the native tools workshop.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us