The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Kiddie Tax/Long Term Capital Gains Date:  3/19/2010  6:35 PM
Author:  ORA100 Number:  109660 of 127753

Assuming he has no other income, he would have a standard deduction of $950. The first $950 of taxable income would be taxed at his LTCG rate, which is 0%. The remaining $4400 of LTCG would be taxed at your LTCG rate: 0%, 15%, or a blend of the two depending on the composition and amount of your taxable income.


Thanks for the reply. Would the tax be figured/filed under form 8615 or the Schedule D Worksheet?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us