The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/there-appears-to-be-an-absence-of-discussion-on-28403769.aspx

Subject:  Re: Paying For Obamacare Date:  3/29/2010  11:43 AM
Author:  champ9010 Number:  23740 of 63357

There appears to be an absence of discussion on the merits of Obamacare in this thread. In my opinion, Obamacare is more about the role of government and less about the substance of healthcare. Much of the outrage over the bill has as much to do about the process of writing and passing it as well as the implications on the country of funding it.

It is inconceivable to me that our lawgivers would think they could construct this monstrosity and make it law and then be amazed and angry when people and businesses take the necessary steps to mitigate the damage it will cause to them as individuals or as a business.

I empathize with people who can not get affordable insurance because of preexisting conditions. However, what reasonable business person would insure a person for $1,000 / month if the known peril were multiples of this. The government probably does have a role in this situation, but it is not to ruin the private insurance market.

Craig
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us