The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Company-funded profit sharing retirement account Date:  4/13/2010  6:00 PM
Author:  CA2NY2CA Number:  66946 of 88052

Hello all,

My company has a profit sharing plan where one-time annual deposits are made by the company into a retirement account. The company does allow employees to "borrow" from it but require payments back.

Because I'm 100% vested with my company, the entire amount in this account is mine to keep. If I were to leave the company, what type of account can I roll it into? I have Roth IRA accounts but since I haven't paid taxes on the profit sharing, I'm guessing a Roth isn't an option.

Thanks guys, I don't plan on leaving my job but was just curious.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us