The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Company-funded profit sharing retirement acc Date:  4/13/2010  6:44 PM
Author:  55526 Number:  66947 of 88758

If you left this year you could roll it into what has been called a conduit IRA and leave it there without incurring any tax liability. Under the 2010 rules you would then be able to move it into a Roth IRA. You will have to pay taxes on the amount you roll over, but under a special provision for 2010 you could spread out the taxes over a two year period in 2011 and 2012.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us