The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Renewable Energy

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-tonyh103-you-said-something-that-got-even-me-28515098.aspx

Subject:  Re: home-based wind turbines Date:  5/16/2010  8:07 PM
Author:  haywool Number:  17514 of 18403

Hey tonyh103 !

You said something that got even me thinking (I try not to think too hard ... it hurts!).

Could even be adapted for automobiles. OK, how about something along these lines? Yes, I know perpetual motion is about as feasible as putting toothpaste back in the tube. But here goes.

Electric vehicle with storage batteries. Better, lighter ones coming in the future. A wind turbine on the vehicle.

Could it be possible to run the vehicle on battery power while gaining some of that electrical power back from the resultant wind?

In the distant, far distant future, could it be possible to "get the vehicle moving" on battery power and have an on-board wind turbine that is efficient enough to produce MORE power than is consumed to move the vehicle? That would fully recharge the batteries and the vehicle could "cruise" with no battery drain. I didn't mention CO$T.

There I go hurting (thinking) again. :-)

Rich (haywool)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us