The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/a-pox-on-turbo-tax-28521749.aspx

Subject:  A Pox on Turbo Tax Date:  5/19/2010  4:51 PM
Author:  Follydolly Number:  110454 of 121316

I have to admit, I am a dummy when it comes to taxes. Always had a CPA and just started with TT in 2007 because my taxes are not that convoluted and CPA was charging me $500.

I was on the phone today with TT for three+ hours. It seems that they neglected to report that they deducted Medicare payments under SS and everyone who included it with their medical insurance payments have to amend their tax returns and of course pay more $$$. That be me.

I just do what TT says when filling out my returns. I also had an issue that they report my SS payments as being more 2009 than 2008. SS was not increased 2009 and no one seems to be able to help with that one. So now I am thinking they probably did not deduct enough from my Medicare payments which are currently $220 per/m because of RMD income. Seems the person I spoke with is not a CPA and really knows nada. He asked me what an RMD is LOL.

Next year, back to CPA. At least they are refunding my $67 which will help pay for ink to print and stamps to mail the amended files.

Birgit, done ranting for now.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us