The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Interior Design/Decorating

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/painting-cupboards-28545860.aspx

Subject:  Painting Cupboards Date:  5/31/2010  10:59 AM
Author:  bigcaat Number:  4609 of 4657

We just bought a house that has some pretty crappy cupboards. I don't want to spend a fortune on them because we eventually want to completely remodel the kitchen.

The style isn't *that* bad, but they are painted this crappy white and the style does not call for that. (I believe they used to be a nice wood grain because there are some at the back of the house which are beautiful.) The place was a foreclosure and I think the trust company that we bought it from just had someone come in and slap a bunch of paint around.

I'm not sure if I should try to faux finish them, or just stick on some handles to try to dress them up or what. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I'll take some pics and try to upload them after we go over there today.

Also, there is paint all over the frames of the windows. They are a nice brown aluminum but there's white paint spattered all over them. Any suggestions on how to remove?

Thanks,
Caat
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us