The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 1099-MISC form Date:  6/26/2010  7:48 PM
Author:  Milan10 Number:  110613 of 127525

Thanks for all the help, Fools, your feedback has been helpful, please share suggestions if you have any. To clear up the confusion: my compensation from tommy hilfiger was supposed to be based on sales performance. I was told I underperformed, so I did not get the money. The reason the IRS says I owe them money is because tommy sent them the 1099-MISC stating they paid $2000. I'm not sure whether I should ask for the compensation that Tommy never paid to me or if I should ask them to correct the 1099. I know that I don't owe exactly $2000 to IRS, but after interest, that's how much I owe after rounding. I'm not telling you the exact numbers for privacy reasons. Not because I don't trust you Fools, but because I don't trust Big Brother.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us