The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 1099-MISC form Date:  6/26/2010  10:22 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  110614 of 127638

I'm not sure whether I should ask for the compensation that Tommy never paid to me or if I should ask them to correct the 1099.

Why not both?

If they didn't pay you $2,000 in 2008 (I assume that's the year we're talking about), the 1099 is wrong and should be corrected. Period. End of discussion.

If they owe you $2,000 they should pay you. It will be income to you in the year they do so.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us