The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 1099-MISC form Date:  6/27/2010  12:27 AM
Author:  vkg Number:  110616 of 127513

It is possible that both the company and you are correct. Did you move soon after terminating employment? The complany issued a 1099, but you didn't receive a copy of the 1099, which implies that the company didn't have your correct address. They may have attempted to pay you and you didn't receive the check.

All states have unclaimed property websites. It may not have been longer enough, but it is easy to check if a paycheck has been escheated to a state (either the state of employment or the state where payroll is handled.)
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us