The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Fool Disclosure Policy

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/it-has-been-over-two-months-with-no-reply-to-this-28625989.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fool Disclosure and Paid Content Date:  7/10/2010  10:34 AM
Author:  RHinCT Number:  127 of 137

It has been over two months with no reply to this question. I went back and re-read the disclosure policy to see if I missed something the first time around. If I did, I missed it again the second time.

It is quite clear about the disclosure rules that must be followed by individuals associated with MF. I certainly see no problem with them.

It is quite clear about when MF will never disclose that a stock is a pick of one of the paid services (30 day rule). As a subscriber to one I appreciate that.

I can find nothing defining a rule about revealing what stocks are picks of paid services outside the 30 day window that follows a paid service recommendation. I see such disclosures all the time at the end of MF articles, but I still can not find anything in the disclosure policy about them. It seems contradictory that one of the most common disclosures made by MF is not covered by the disclosure policy.

Anyone care to comment this time?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us