The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/phil-and-aj-lets-not-get-testy-here-im-a-new-28678966.aspx

Subject:  Re: What to do with yearly bonus as a Fool Date:  8/4/2010  4:16 PM
Author:  CuriousDonkey Number:  110810 of 121598

Phil and AJ,

Let's not get testy here. I'm a new guy. I am going to push a bit before simply accepting any advice. My intent has been and continues to be CDs, and I thought the last post should have indicated my tenuous thought of going down the equity road (everything after the original question states - 'this comes from a guy who has never been burned... I realize my returns probably have not been reflective of the majority of investors and that my luck isn't infinite').

I am not familiar with an IOW - can you help me understand what it is, I don't mind doing the research if I know the TLA.

It's frustrating that sacrificing liquidity cannot garner me more returns than a high interest checking out... that's the only thing that's causing me to continue to probe.

I appreciate all the advice everyone, it's really fantastic and I am very pleased to be a beneficiary of all of your knowledge. I hope to feedback to the community as well.

Many thanks,

CD
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us