The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-wife-has-taken-over-many-administrative-28703858.aspx

Subject:  Re: Payroll Issue - Non Profit Date:  8/16/2010  3:32 PM
Author:  Wradical Number:  110897 of 121585

My wife has taken over many administrative functions for a small nonprofit organization. Currently Quicken Books for Non-Profit is being used to track finances. This organization has total income under $100,000 per year. The organization is going to hire two part time people since the founder/director has developed health issues. Intuit wants $200 per year for the payroll addition to Quickbooks for Non-Profit. This amount is more than the organization wants to pay. What are the alternatives?

Gordon
Atlanta

=================================
They can look into a payroll service - Paychex, ADP, etc. Which is the way I'd go. But it will cost more than $200/yr. But not all that much more. Maybe $500/yr., but that includes all the payroll returns, W-2s, etc.

Really, $200/yr. is nothing, but that also means someone on staff is doing the data entry, printing out the forms, etc.

This is just the cost of doing business when you hire people.

Bill
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us