The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / CANSLIM Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/bill-oniel-28713725.aspx

Subject:  Bill O'Niel Date:  8/20/2010  6:33 PM
Author:  mrJuanD Number:  22981 of 23022

In my quest to learn all I can about this crazy market, I've read my share of compelling books. The one lesson that seems to be echoed throughout my reading is that in order to become a master investor you must learn from the masters before you. Guys like Peter lynch, Warren buffet, and William O'Niel.

O'Niel's CANSLIM approach is very intriguing and is advertised as the number one stock strategy. Ive been a trial subscriber to ibd for a couple of weeks now and I really like the things that they offer. I'm going to be renewing my subscription here soon. I'm also reading How to Make Money in Stocks. The chart analysis lessons are quite hard to really understand, and at first glance it seems like their are cup and handle and W patterns all over the place. In the latest edition of the book, O'Niel warns us that in bear markets it is very difficult to spot proper breakouts and buy points. Has anyone following CANSLIM been able to spot real breakouts in this market? I'm not sitting on the sidelines with cash waiting for the big bang, I'm a bit more Foolish than that, but I am considering becoming more engrossed in the CANSLIM approach. Any advice?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us