The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Wealth Creation Strategies


Subject:  Re: put income and capital gains Date:  8/29/2010  11:51 PM
Author:  scanlin Number:  54 of 75

Income from selling puts is taxed as ordinary income. So if you're making $1500/month, you'll have $18K in short-term gains at the end of the year. If you're in the 30% tax bracket (for example) then you'd owe $5400 in taxes on that income.