The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Foolish Four

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/beginner-when-tohow-to-start-this-strategy-28809711.aspx

Subject:  Beginner - When to/How to Start this Strategy Date:  10/8/2010  7:20 AM
Author:  StraitBiznes Number:  40838 of 40850

Hello everyone,

I will have around $2,500 by the end of this year to start a discount broker account. I have been reading "The Unemotional Investor" by Robert Sheard and would like to know a few things.

First off, at what time of year should I be starting this Foolish Four strategy? Is January 1st or August 11th just as good as December 3rd? Or do I want to do this in line with a certain time period in the fiscal year?

My second question is if you could recommend a specific variation of the strategy that would suit me. I first off have a small starting capital (which I will be increasing come next year) of $2,500 as previously stated. I have the stomach for this. I have some experience in online poker (as a winning player lol) and I know that I can watch my money do the jitterbug along a graphs X and Y axis, before making a decent return. So, volatility is not an issue.

If there are any nay sayers to this strategy or its suitability for a first time investor like myself, please let me know your opinion.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us