The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotbut-you-could-have-applied-yourself-and-28816686.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is health care a right? Date:  10/12/2010  10:29 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  533706 of 757320

"But you could have applied yourself and spent several years going to medical school and been able to make more than $28K. Why would you think it is acceptable to force someone who worked their butts off to take a pay cut just because others weren't willing to work hard?' - guppy
----------

No I couldn't have. I wasn't smart enough. I rose to my level of incompetence. Ambition, motivation, dedication, etc. are all genetically controlled. There is no little man inside our brain that exists separate and apart from the machinery of our brain. Our thoughts are produced by our brain and our brains are biochemical organs dependent on the DNA we inherited from our parents.

That little voice inside our heads is generated by our brains. It doesn't exist separate and apart from our physical bodies. It is a product of our brains which means that our consciousness is dependent on the biochemistry our physical brain.

Capisce?

Art

"A wise man doesn't know how it feels to be thick as a brick."
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us