The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-agree-that-some-red-tape-and-other-28816720.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is health care a right? Date:  10/12/2010  10:42 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  533713 of 757031

"I agree that some red tape, and other things could be reduced. And I suppose that there are some people who want to pay $1000 less for an appendectomy done by a DVM versus an MD (I'm not one of them; I doubt you are either). Further, even if the government didn't "regulate" the medical profession, you can be assured that other entities would come into being to perform the same function, perhaps with profit motives or other things that might not be in your best interest. The amount and form of regulation should be scrutinized. But in my view, regulation, in and of itself, is not necessarily a bad thing." - MotleyFooley

My point was that is what one gets without government. They want their cake and eat it too. They are all for government as long as it benefits them but as soon as government is seen to be benefiting someone other than the ruling elite they raise holy hell. They want government that protects their position in society but doesn't do anything to benefit anybody but themselves.

"I got mine everyone else can go fornicate with themselves."

Artie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us