The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/to-motleyfooley-thank-you-thank-you-thank-28817327.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is health care a right? Date:  10/12/2010  2:02 PM
Author:  lindytoes Number:  533755 of 745101

to MotleyFooley--Thank you thank you thank you...why everyone denigrates regulation like it doesn't serve some good purpose, I cannot fathom. Is there sometimes too much regulation or too much red tape to get the job done? Yes, I believe no gov't whether it is local, state, federal is without imperfections. But after the near collapse of our financial system you would be hard pressed to find a REPUTABLE economist who wouldn't attribute much of what happened to deregulation starting with the Reagan administration. That means it was not Republican or Democratic led failure, but a combined assault on weakening the banking checks and balances. Decades of a system put in place after the depression were thrown out the window...and guess what? It could all happen again.

Oh, and re: regulation of doctors and health care system...I'm glad they have regulations or else someone like Michael Jackson's or Anna Nicole Smith's doctors would be the norm rather than the exception. I would like to think my doctor went into the profession to help mankind and uphold the hippocratic oath rather than just to make money. Am I naive?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us