The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotof-course-half-the-administrators-in-tn-28817516.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is health care a right? Date:  10/12/2010  3:05 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  533766 of 753403

"Of course, half the administrators in TN would have to be fired or their salaries cut, including likely the Pres of the University where Bonnie works.....

Then we'll start with Obama...and MS Obama....and everyone in Hollywood. Say all the movie actors? Starting with ARHNold, Brittany Spears..... Lady Gaga...no wait, she's British....well, there are thousands more.

THen we move to CNN, CNBC, and MSNBC...no one there can make more than 100K...period....." -tele

-----------------------------

Look it, I know it's never going to happen. But that doesn't mean I have to like and enjoy the unfairness of life, where you got one guy who is a billionaire and another that is struggling through life. I know it's all just more duality and separation.

And the truth is that I don't even think about it until I get on this board and ya'll act like poor people are the enemy and it sort of galls me. It's not like anyone chooses to be poor. No one wakes up one morning and thinks, "you know I think I'm going to be a dumb@$$ and make stupid choices in life and mess up my life." When they make the decisions that cause that downward spiral it's because of a whole bunch of reasons.

Most of the time I'm thinking about real mundane things like food, sex, sleep, TV, etc. I never watch politics on TV and don't think about stuff like that at all. When I am thinking about loftier things it's about questions like "why are we here?" "Is there life after death?" etc.

Mostly I could care less about political stuff because to me it's all so temporary. We are only here for a little while. In the blink of an eye we will all be on the other side and the pain and suffering and unfairness of this life will be behind us forever.

Artie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us