The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Palms, PDAs & Handheld Computing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/choose-my-next-smartphone-28857946.aspx

Subject:  Choose My Next Smartphone Date:  10/31/2010  10:39 AM
Author:  scaryblondechick Number:  3113 of 3128

I'm a veteran T-Mobile subscriber and I will not leave that service, because I'm grandfathered in to the cheapest no-contract account I have ever heard of anybody having, so until they catch wise and shut me down, that's where I'm staying.

I'm currently using an ancient Treo 680. This phone is four years out of date and no longer supported by T-Mobile, Palm, or anybody else. I have another one ready and waiting as backup. But I can foresee the day when the world will run out of working Treo 680s and I will be forced to lurch and stumble into the 21st century.

When that happens, what phone shall I choose? Samsung makes some nice iPhone type touchscreens, but I admit I dislike the on-screen virtual keyboard. Then there's the Motorola Charm, supported by T-Mobile - has the keyboard I like, but I'm not sure about other functions.

So I open the question to the board: what shall I get when I can't use my Treo anymore?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us