The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/etf-portfolio-28894225.aspx

Subject:  ETF Portfolio Date:  11/15/2010  6:52 PM
Author:  StockNewb Number:  67718 of 76397

(Spamming here, god I hope I have the right forum and I'm not spamming the same one twice :S)
Hi

I have been poking around and looking at ETF's, I'm looking for a plug and play portfolio. I.e pick 3-5 Etf's, hold them indefinitely while rebalancing annually.

Now this would make up the portion of my investments that could be considered my high risk part.

My Idea's are as follows

30% allocation to VWO (Vanguard Emerging Markets)
30% Allocation to DSV (SPDR DJ Wilshire Small Cap Value)

But now I have 60% left over, and a lot of options... And not helping matters is I'm not 100% on DSV. Anyone who is more familiar with ETF's have any idea's?

I would love to see small/mid cap etf's in each part of the world, or failing that etf's that cover North America, Europe, Asia, South America etc. i.e investing in 3-5 strong etf's that cover most of the world? allowing for my risk/high growth portion to also double as my international. I have ultra low networth, making the diversification that ETF's offer a very logical path. Also my retirement date is 30 years out minimum allowing me to ride out a lot of problems and my risk tolerance is extremely high, but picking one or two stocks to do well where i could diversify with etf's seems a little foolhardy...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us