The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Death and Grieving

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/more-grieving-28927960.aspx

Subject:  More grieving Date:  12/1/2010  7:51 PM
Author:  czarinav Number:  560 of 578

The last time I was on this board it was about my husband who died in 2004...it was the second time I was widowed.

In 2008 my grown daughter almost died after contracting a brain virus. She did not die, but has suffered severe brain damage and will never be able to care for herself. She now lives with me, along with her son, who I am mothering because she is unable to do so.

She has lost her former life, I have lost the daughter I used to have. We now forming a different relationship and it is very hard for both of us.

Until earlier this year I had hoped there was some chance of her getting better, to some degree. After a talk with her pyschiatrist today, it appears she has stopped improving, and perhaps has regressed. It is a stuggle everyday, as she cannot even attend to her daily living activities without my help or the help of others.

I am looking for ways to remain centered and not give into depression and exhaustion.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us