The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE
|Subject: Re: This Is Why There Are No Jobs in America||Date: 12/15/2010 9:43 AM|
|Author: foolfromoh||Number: 544511 of 868033|
I'll make you a business offer:
1. I'll educate a workforce, you know folks you can hire to work for you. I'll pay the salaries for teachers, buildings, administrators. I'll even subsidize higher education, just in case you want highly skilled workers.
2. I'll make sure you have infrastructure to ship and receive goods. Roads, bridges, that kind of thing.
3. I'll keep your business safe. They'll be a police force, and heck, I'll even protect it from foreign invasion.
4. There are about a hundred other things I'll do to make your business possible - selling to farms? - I subsidize farmers. Selling on the internet? - I built that. Got any senior citizens buying your product? good chance their subsidized by me as well.
So, what do you have to bring to the partnership
1. You'll have to chip in on the protection - Your mandated to serve in our armed forces, putting your life on the line in battle.
Nah, just kidding, your free to stay home building your business.
2. You'll have to provide allegiance and loyalty, I'm basically going to work my butt off providing this society with which you have an opportunity to prosper, make millions even, so you'll have to at least proudly support it in what you say.
Just kidding, you can spout off ungrateful nonsense all day long about how I rob you and you get nothing in return.
|Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|