The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/isnt-tmf-a-job-for-you-since-you-are-28979934.aspx

Subject:  Re: Finally! :) Date:  12/23/2010  3:14 PM
Author:  TMFBreakerRob Number:  4936 of 5069

Isn't TMF a job for you since you are TMFBreakerRob? -- mazske

Investing is sorta my business, I suppose. One from which I will not retire as long as I'm still sufficiently lucid. So, in a sense, I'm not retired from investing. The TMF is not really a job in my mind because I'm not doing anything that I wouldn't otherwise be doing in my investing "job". My job duties only consist in being on the boards over at Rule Breakers.....which I would do anyway.

It's one of those "nice job if you can get it" sort of thing. LOL

Anyway..... to answer your question..... until today, my most recent job has been as a Vehicle Architect at Ford Motor. It was a position that required me to interact with the engineers designing the parts and systems, the Studio guys putting the shapes to the inside/outside, and the various attribute teams (safety, handling, aerodynamics, NVH, etc).....and lead the resolution of inherent conflicts by balancing the various tradeoffs involved.....and keeping in mind the various cost, weight and investment targets. All this given certain platform and timing constraints. A very interesting job..... :) I was responsible for the team putting together the Fusion, for example.

Rob
RB Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us