The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-can-imagine-the-arguments-youve-had-through-28980622.aspx

Subject:  Re: Finally! :) Date:  12/23/2010  10:54 PM
Author:  TMFBreakerRob Number:  4940 of 5084

..I can imagine the arguments you've had through the years!.. -- huibs

The best approach is to marshall people over to your position before a meeting, in my opinion. If there is no opportunity to do that, present your position, then work individuals in the crowd. There were not a lot of arguments though because the battle would be mostly decided before it was fought. :)

The only big confrontations I remember was if I decided somebody wasn't being a team player. Then there would be trouble....sometimes with that person being taken off the program. You can't just be a road block, you've got to be open to ideas and offer alternatives.

And, I remember being chewed out on occasion. The most memorable one is where a group of upper management ripped me apart in a meeting....for telling them the truth. In time, they came to see I was right, but I never got an apology.

I'm not sure how many of them are still with Ford though. There were a lot of cutbacks over the last few years.

Rob
RB Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us