The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/why-should-it-matter-what-i-believe-how-does-me-28994833.aspx

Subject:  Re: How warm was 2010? Date:  1/1/2011  6:45 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  547340 of 737077

Why should it matter what I believe? How does me sitting around gnawing on my fingernails about global warming make any difference whatsoever? Why should I care? I'm one fat old man living in an old wooden house in the woods of middle Tennessee. Global warming, global climate change, who cares?

It's all irrelevant to me. What matters to me is what is on television that night and what I'm fixing for dinner. Reminds me of when Christians tell me I have to believe in Jesus to go to Heaven. Why does God or Jesus care whether I believe He exists or not? It doesn't change anything. If He exists, he exists, if he doesn't, he doesn't?

Belief is irrelevant. If it's true, it's true. If it's not it's not. I don't care. It's a moot point with me. I just want to know when my prime time TV shows are going to start back up.

Artie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us