The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Higher Education Tax Help Inquiry Date:  1/8/2011  6:44 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  111897 of 127745

I'd like a little insight on the latest things that can be done with tax deductions and/or credits for Higher Education. I've only gone to school part time (one course per term, Spring Sum and Fall 2010) but I did pay for my Spring 2011 course this year (2010) also.

Check out both the tuition/fees deduction and Lifetime Learning Credit in IRS Publication 970. The deduction was extended through 2011 in the December last-minute legislation.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us