The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: social security question Date:  1/17/2011  6:01 PM
Author:  Watty56 Number:  68274 of 88501

It gets complex and I am not expert but my understanding is that if you are you full retirement age which varies by when you were born, like 66, then you can do a "File and suspend" (google this) on your account to let her collect benefits based on your earnings.

I'm not there yet, but from what I have heard you can make an appointment to go into your local social security office and they will walk you through most of your options pretty well.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us