The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Aspiring Writers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-reply-i-havent-been-haunting-the-29052985.aspx

Subject:  Re: Politics? Date:  1/24/2011  2:20 PM
Author:  bcairns Number:  4792 of 4870

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been haunting the fool lately so I'm just now getting to it. I am VERY much interested in the state of American politics. In particular, I think "middle America" is more than capable of governing themselves (i.e. "running" government) which could be thought of as our founding principle, a principle that I think we have been moving away from for some time now. I don't know how we get to citizen government, but I strongly believe that there is a path to be discovered. I have been participating in political debate around here for quite some time and it has taught me a great deal. But I'm ready to move to the next thing which is doing something about it. I keep coming back to writing a book about policy, policy that middle America would come to if we had a functioning political system. But I know myself well enough to know that I can't do a good job on my own. I need a partner.

As you may know, political books sell very well, and I believe something like what I am thinking about could be a blockbuster AND could do a lot of good in the world.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us