The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hehehehe-i-just-started-getting-active-back-on-29080438.aspx

Subject:  Re: Salaried & no-deductions = SOL? Date:  2/4/2011  12:05 PM
Author:  cIRCitmage Number:  112121 of 121095

hehehehe ... I just started getting active back on these boards after a long hiatus and looked up my old posts ... uuuuuggghhhh ;-)

well yes, I am lucky to be in an enviable financial situation and yes, I've tried to make amends with both charitable work and charitable donations ;-) ... we'll see where that lands me when the day of reckoning comes inevitably

Flash forward - I bought that house in the Stamford, CT suburbs, got married, fired, hired, bought a 2nd house, kid, fired, hired, kid, resigned, hired, bought a condo - whew

rent out the 2nd house and condo - lost quite a bit in the real estate downdraft, but having rental property in Stamford and Cambridge is not bad ... enjoy the tax/depreciation/income and the values are even coming back up according to Zillow

I'm trying to invest to keep up with my very bearish view on where the dollar is headed ... I started with MFPro and am trying to learn about options

Owning property has been a mixed blessing - decidely less of a blessing in the recent 2011 snowstorms and what not ... overall, I'd still recommend owning ;-)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us