The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/compliments-to-irs-29108961.aspx

Subject:  Compliments to IRS Date:  2/16/2011  1:02 PM
Author:  billjam Number:  112297 of 121219

I had occasion to call IRS yesterday. Their website showed my refund was being reduced. After re-doing everything on my return I was convinced my return was correct, but even the reduced refund had been in limbo for 3 weeks. Very helpful lady took all the information and started checking. My refund was indeed in limbo, but she did manage to find records showing the orginal amount I calculated was now going to be paid. She checked further and found an adjustment back to the orignal amount had been made on Feb. 10 and the refund should be paid soon. She could not have been more professional and seemed genuinely interested in helping me.

This lady may very well be one of those 200,000 gov't employees John Boehner casually threw under the bus yesterday. There's an attitude among conservative politicians and media that anyone who works for the gov't is a useless freeloader. I've dealt with a lot of so-called bureaucrats both on both business and personal matters. I found almost all of them were trying hard to do their jobs well. They deserve a few compliments instead of the insults they get all too often.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us